Intro to Pistol Operation
This course is one of the most important class in developing the shooter's fundamentals understanding of tactical shooting.
It is designed to prepare the students to the intermediate level. This module focuses on developing precise marksmanship and introduce gun-handling skills needed to successfully operate a semi-auto handgun in defensive capacity.
This class will educate students on reloading, ammunition management, clearing semi-auto malfunctions. The students will also be introduced to the concept of combat shooting such as shooting in pairs, performing precise headshots, failure drills, multiple target engagement and other alternative shooting drills. Precise mechanics are taught with utmost detail.
When: April 6th Sat. 2019 (#190406P1b)
Where: Angeles Shooting Range - 12651 Little Tujunga Canyon Rd Lake View Terrace, CA 91342 Eagles Nest "A"
The emphasis is on handgun manipulation & operation including combat reloading and malfunction clearing to keep the gun “running” for personal protection.
Pistol-1(a) or Equivalent. The student must have completed Pistol-1(a): Introduction to Defensive Handgun in order to take this course. Pistol-I module is a prerequisite to all of the advanced TAC-1 courses.
This (8 hrs) one day training will be held entirely on the live-fire range. Live Fire Shooting: 8 hours Lunch : 0.5 hours
The following technique and concepts will be introduced at a reasonable pace for the maximum retention.
Elements covered in Pistol-I(a) will be reviewed and practiced
4 Basic Firearms Safety Rules
Elements of Marksmanship (REVIEW)
Threat Assessment & Scanning (REVIEW)
Drawing and Presentation from Holster (REVIEW)
Students are introduced to the concept of weapon operation such as reloading and malfunction clearnce.
Tactical Reload - Ammo management concept
In battery Combat Speed Reload
Slide Lock Combat Speed Reload
Failure to Fire/Failure to Eject
Intro to Combat Shooting
Students are introduced to the concept of Combat shooting and drills
Shooting in pairs
Multiple target engagement
Support hand shooting (two hands)
- Semi Auto Pistol (9mm, 40 cal., 45 cal.)
- 350 rds of ammunition (Students must provide own ammo)
- Holster (Blackhawk Serpa & 1911 combo are not recommended)
- Sturdy shooting belt
- Magazines (3 or more recommended)
- Magazine pouch (holds min of two mags)
- Dummy Rounds (5 minimum)
- Eye protection (Prefer clear with no color or some tint is ok)
- Ear protection (both outer and inner protections are recommended)
- Shoes/boots for protection (for mud, dirt, uneven surface)
- Cap or Hat (highly recommended top reduce glare and heat)
- Appropriate attire for weather & flying hot brass
- Cargo pants with plenty of pockets for storage
- Marking Pen (Sharpies - larger tip is preferred)
- Water and snacks
- Gun bag/case to store and transport firearms
- Folding Chair for your comfort
**Upon registration, students are provided with a Discount Code courtesy of LA Police Gear for all of their shopping need.
Angeles Shooting Ranges 12651 Little Tujunga Canyon Rd Lake View Terrace, CA 91342
Range Info: (818) 918-2364
Class info: (661) 857-7722