ShOTGUN-2 Course Objective
The following technique and concepts will be instructed.
Students are introduced to basic safety, ammo & weapon types
4 Basic Firearms Safety Rules
Principles of personal defense
REVIEW: Loading, Downloading, Unloading
REVIEW: Combat Reload & Tac Reload
REVIEW: Carry Positions
Students are introduced to advanced concept of sdhotgun operation.
Presentation of shotgun
Moving off the line of force
Various Shooting Positions
Slug Select techniques
Live Fire & Combat Shooting
Students are introduced to the concept of Live Fire & Combat Shooting
Shotgun at CQB
Combat and Tactical Reloading
Shooting Clays (Enshrinement)
Combined skill evaluation & qualification
This half-day Tactical Shotgun course takes the student beyond the basics of shotgun shooting and introduces the student to deployment techniques that are critical when using the shotgun for personal defense.
Fast operation and quick reloading will be heavily emphasized. Perfect class to prepare for 3 Gun completion. Auto-loading shotgun operation will also be taught.
Pistol-I, Pistol-II, Shotgun-I or Equivalent
Time & Schedule
December 30th, 20167 #171230SG2 (0800 to 1200)
Price - $95
A Place to Shoot
33951 San Francisquito Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91390
150 rounds of birdshot
25 rounds of low recoil buckshot
25 rounds of low recoil slug
50 pistol rounds
- Serviceable Tactical Shotgun (12 gauge pump or semi-auto police shotgun)
- Tactical 2 Point Sling**
- Shot Shell Carrier (California Competition Works)
- Dump bag (highly recommended)
- Eye protection (Prefer clear with no color)
- Ear protection (Highly recommend ear plug type vs. ear muffs. Both outer and inner protections are recommended)
- Cap or Hat (highly recommended)
- Appropriate attire for weather & hot brass/shell
- Knee pads (highly recommended)
- Shooting mat (highly recommended)
- Water and snacks
- Folding chair for your comfort
- Gun bag/case to store and transport any firearms
Ammunition*: 20 rounds of 12 gauge slug. 20 rounds of 12 gauge 00 buckshot. 100 rounds of birdshot (#6, #7½, #8 or #9). The buckshot must be low recoil capable of shooting a group no larger than 18 inches at 15 yards.
**Slings: (Upon registering, TAC-1 will provide you with a LA Police Gear Discount Code for all purchases on their website)
LA Police Gear 2 to 1 Point Sling http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-2-1-point-sling.html
Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling http://www.lapolicegear.com/blue-force-vickers-sling-acetal.html
Feel free to contact us for any assistance with your sling outfitting.