WOMEN'S PISTOL WORKSHOP
February 19th, 2023 1230-1630
Mental fortitude is the greatest tool anybody can employ during a time of crises due to a violent encounter - knowing how to handle a firearm is a close second. TAC-1 Women's Pistol Workshop is an unique way to work on skills and technique learnt in regular pistol modules but designed to meet the need for women. The workshop will review and show ways to enhance shooting abilities through various shooting drills and course of fire impossible to duplicate at local public ranges.
Law Enforcement Officers are welcomed.
WORKSHOP COURSE SUBJECT
The following technique and concepts will be introduced at a reasonable pace for the maximum retention.
- 4 Basic Firearms Safety Rules
- Principles of personal defense for Women
- Women and Use of deadly force (law)
- Combative mind-set as Woman
- Drawing and exhibiting handguns from holster
- Assessing and scanning - situational awareness
- Ready positions (Low Ready and Compressed Ready)
- Trigger Control & Dry Presses
Elements of Marksmanship
- Pistol Reloading
- Mechanics of Single Hand Shooting
- Shooting distance
- Drills and Practice
Women Only Pistol Workshop is a session where women get to work on their shooting without the watchful eyes of men on the range (may be aside from your instructor). The course will provide the usual TAC-1's attentiveness to safety, comfortable and well paced learning workshop to build proficiency in firearms. The day starts with briefing of the safety protocol, discuss and implement the Fundamental of Shooting, apply buddy training system and ultimately progress to live fire application. This workshop opportunity is great for women who are sometimes intimidated or feel reserved by male dominated shooting classes.
Prerequisite: TAC-1's Advanced Pistol Workshop is a skill building session for those who had successfully completed Pistol-II module or LE training
You need a working knowledge of gun safety and shooting fundamental. This workshop will zip through Pistol-I(a) & (b) level of instruction. The lesson plan is customized to meet the need of women who does not have the chance to get on the range and train as often as their male counter part. Feel at ease and enjoy the day of safe firearms training with TAC-1.
LA Police Gear Women's Workshop in 2023
- Semi Auto Pistol (9mm, 40 cal., 45 cal.)
- 200 rds Ammunition (
Students must provide own ammo.)
- Holster (cheap nylon holsters or holsters that does not fully protect the trigger or holster that releases the firearm with the trigger finger are not allowed)
- Sturdy belt
- Magazines (4 or more recommended)
- Magazine pouch (holds to magazines)
- Dummy Rounds (5 minimum)
- Eye protection (Prefer clear with no color)
- Ear protection (both outer and inner protections are recommended)
- Cap or Hat (highly recommended)
- Appropriate attire for weather & flying hot brass
- Marking Pen (Sharpies)
- Water and snacks (also available on-site for purchase)
- Lunch (30 min lunch break)
- Gun bag/case to store and transport firearms
- Folding Chair for your comfort*