BASIC SHOTGUN & DRILLS
Upcoming Shotgun Workshop 6/4/22
Shotgun Workshop is designed as a skill builder for those who has working knowledge of the weapon system. The 4 hr. workshop will review best practices in weapon manipulation and tactical concepts. Students will run through basic to advanced drills to hone in on the fundamental of shotgun shooting. These drills are difficult to reproduce at local public ranges. The workshop will offer students the opportunity to shoot slug and defensive buckshot for LE application as well as for home defense.
June 4th, 2022 (Sat)
Angeles Shooting Ranges (Ft. Angeles)
TAC-1’s Combat Shogun course will instill confidence in student’s abilities and push the students to run their shotgun aggressive with precise operation and marksmanship. This class will focus on the fundamentals of both pump and semi-automatic shotguns, discuss types of ammunition, combat firing techniques, and the operation of the shotgun as a multi-purpose launching platform.
SHOTGUN COURSE SUBJECT
The following technique and concepts will be introduced at a reasonable pace for the maximum retention.
Advanced OPERATION (0800-1200)
- 4 Basic Firearms Safety Rules & Shotgun
- Principles of personal defense w/ Shotgun
- Types of Shotgun Ammo and Ballistics
- Shotgun Nomenclature and Parts
- Understanding Combat Shooting Tech
- Working the slinging technique
- Safe loading, downloadenig and unloading
- Pump vs Semi-Auto Operation
- Ready positions (Low Ready and High Ready)
- Shotgun Reloading
- Students are introduced to the concept of movements and body mechanics
- Overview: Shooting on the Move
- Moving and operating with shotgun
- Shooting and Operational Drills & Excercises
NEEDED GEAR & ITEMS
- Serviceable Tactical Shotgun (12 gauge pump or semi-auto police shotgun)
- Tactical 2 Point Sling**
- Shot Shell Carrier (optional)
- Dump bag (highly recommended)
- Eye protection (Prefer clear with no color)
- Ear protection (Highly recommend ear plug type vs. ear muffs. Both outer and (inner protections are recommended)
- Cap or Hat (highly recommended)
- Appropriate attire for weather & hot brass/shell
- Knee pads (highly recommended)
- Shooting mat (highly recommended)
- Water and snacks and LUNCH!
- Folding chair for your comfort
- Gun bag/case to store and transport any firearms
Ammunition*: 20 rounds of 12 gauge slug. 20 rounds of 12 gauge 00 buckshot. 200 rounds of birdshot (#6, #7½, #8 or #9). The shotgun and buckshot must be capable of shooting a group no larger than 18 inches at 15 yards.
**Slings: (Upon registering, TAC-1 will provide you with a LA Police Gear Discount Code for all purchases on their website)
LA Police Gear 2 to 1 Point Sling ttp://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-2-1-point-sling.html
Condor Speedy Two Point Sling
Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling
Feel free to contact us for any assistance with your sling outfitting.
Shotgun Workshop (4 hrs)
June 4th, 2022 (Sat)
Angeles Shooting Ranges (Fort Angeles Range)
1230 to 1700 hrs (4 hrs)